Today I’m linking up with Running With Spoons for Thinking Out Loud. These are some thoughts I’ve had about blogging lately. Just to clarify I’m not having a pity party, but instead poking a bit of fun at myself.
- I was dumb and let my original blog name be stolen. Peace Out to The Blonde In Black.
- I got a new blog name and still have my old blog that my posts need to be transferred from .
- I created a new Twitter account for this new blog, but I don’t use it. I use my personal one. Get at me @skylarstarbuck
- I posted a “fashion” post yesterday and my photos were not “pinworthy” images, but I still posted it on Pinterest.
- I don’t have a consistent posting schedule. This weeks it’s been M, W, Th, Fri. Last week was M, Fri.
- I have pages on my blog with no posts on them like the recipe page. I gotta get in the kitchen.
- I don’t have a puppy, husband, or child to blog about. My dog and kitten “children” live with my parents, so I don’t get to see them often. This blog is all about yours truly.
- My posts don’t target a certain sphere. Sometimes I blog about CrossFit. Other days about college and sorority things. Every now and then about not knowing what I’m doing with my life.
- I have a nice DSLR camera and know how to use it, but my pictures don’t reflect that.
- I feel weird taking pictures for “fitness” posts. Especially when asking someone to take a photo of me: “Here will you take a picture of me doing a deadlift?” It’s just plain awkward. That’s why you get mirror selfies.
- I don’t promote my blog posts enough on social media. One and done for me.
- I created a Facebook page for this blog, but haven’t published it or prepared it.
- I’m using Google Adsense and have an awkward banner head on my blog header. I need to fix that.
- I sometimes forget to take pictures of what I eat. *Gasp* Yeah I know that’s a serious fail.
There are so many aspects and “must-do” things that come with blogging that it gets a little overwhelming at times. Especially now that I’ve gone self-hosted there is a whole other can of blogging that has been opened. Hopefully my blog will get where I want it to be. Someday. That being said I’m planning on having some blogging bootcamp this weekend to knock a few things off my blog to-do list!
What are your thoughts on blogging today?